Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another weekend gone by...

My friend, my son and I went shopping yesterday. She is going to Mexico in March (super jealous!!) and she needed to buy bathing suits. She is the friend that I have that lost 45 pounds on weight watchers (again, super jealous!) and she finally feels comfortable in a bathing suit. So we drove the 2 hours we have to drive to do some decent shopping. We live in the middle of nowhere, Alberta. The closest city is 2 hours away, and the next closest town in 1.5 hours away. There is no other towns in between here and there, which I still find completely bizarre, because I am originally form Southern Saskatchewan, where there is another town every 2 minutes it seems. So we went and first thing we did was stop for lunch. We went to this restaurant and she decided that she was going to treat herself so she got a wrap and some fries. I got soup and a beef dip. My son got macaroni and cheese, which turned out to be Kraft Dinner and they charged me $7.00 for it!!! I could not believe that!! I could have bought 7 boxes of that crap for that much money. It always makes me mad when restaurants serve Kraft dinner. And it made him sick too. But anyways. So my friend got her food, had like 2 bites I am sure then complained the whole rest of the time about how full she was, while I was still eating. I don't know why she can't just sit there quietly while I finish my lunch, instead of talking about how full she is , then making me question my self on why I am not full yet, and if I was I would probably be able to lose 45 damn pound as well!! Frustrating!! I love her to death, but wish that she would realize sometimes she makes me feel like a fat cow. Just needed to rant. I think I am done now. Lol, thanks for listening.
So we got her two bathing suits, both of which look awesome on her, I am very proud of her weight loss, and that she feels comfortable in the bathing suits. I got a couple of really cute tops at Winners, so pretty happy about that. Other than that we just did some food shopping , which is great to do out of town as well, because our grocery store has a very limited selection, and the prices are outrageous. Another downfall of living in the middle of nowhere.
UFC was on last night, so my boyfriend and his brother were watching it. Must have been a good one because there was lots of happy yelling coming from the living room while I was in the bedroom watching season 3 reruns of Grey's Anatomy. UFC bores me, unless someone is getting knocked out!
I stepped on the scale this morning and lost .4 pound!! Woo hoo!! Little victory for my. I weight myself everyday, a habit I would like to get out of, but when the numbers are down it feels so damn good!!!I have been eating pretty good the past couple of days though. I have implemented my new portion control rule, so we will see how long that lasts. And I have still not eaten any chocolate. Yay me!!
I am going to try to make the most out of the rest of the weekend, but I have alot of cleaning to do so that will probably take up most of my day, and I want to make a really good supper for my boyfriend when he gets home from work. Hopefully my son and I can find a bit of time for a bit of fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe that a restaurant actually served KD...that's never happened to me before! Crazy!
    Good job on the no chocolate and the weight loss. I went through a phase where I was weighing myself multiple times a day and it drove me crazy so I threw the scale out. Some people can handle it but I can't!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was so mad. Like honestly , if I wanted to feed my kid crap I would have done it at home. Like the laziness of some restaurants! Thanks for the kind words, I hope you have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete