Thursday, February 25, 2010

My story.

Okay, so i feel like I should share a little bit of my personal history with you, so you understand where I am coming from. As far back as I can remember I have always been the fat one. I don't remember at what age I started gaining weight, but I think it was around grade six. Food was always such a big part of our lives. I grew up on a farm and my dad worked hard. Like harder than any man I have ever met, but that is a different story. So we had humongous meals for lunch, for supper, because that is what hard working men eat. I did not work so hard, but am pretty sure I kept up with my dad on portion sizes. Have one huge plate full of food, then usually go back for seconds. Thinking back I can not believe how much I used to stuff in my fat little face. In high school I think I may have actually been one of the biggest kids in school. We had a small school, but still. What an embarrassment. And I heard about it. I used to get bugged constantly about my size, at school, and then when I cam home from school from my brother and his friends. They used to make up songs about how fat I was. What a life I had. So the only thing that would make me feel better was food. Funny how the cause of my problem seemed to be the solution. I would come home from school at about 4:00pm, have either a can of chunky soup or 2 pizza pops, then have the huge supper at 5:30pm, then be having a big bowl of ice cream , a chocolate bar, or some other huge disgusting snack before bed. So by the end of high school I was tipping the scales at over 200 lbs. At my heaviest I was 219 lbs. Wow, looking back on it I cannot believe I let it get that out of hand. I was that size until about the age of 22. That summer I started working at an ice cream store. And as weird as this sounds, I would go to work with no lunch and would only eat ice cream for days on end. And I lost weight. I am definitely not recommending this to anyone. I didn't eat like huge amounts or anything, I was trying to lose weight so I probably was just not eating enough of it. By that winter I was down to 200lbs. I met my boyfriend at the time and he owned a gym. Why he was with me still puzzles me. I wasn't exactly the type of girl you would think he would date. So anyways, I started working out and dropped to 180lbs. After that has kind of been a rollercoster. Have gone down as low as 153 (that was quite recently) and as high as 195 after I got my heart broken by an asshole. And everywhere in between. So for once in my life I just want to have this issue under control, so it not longer has to be an issue. So currently I am 159, which at 5'9" is in a healthy weight range, but I want to like how I look when I look in the mirror. I want to be the best me I can be. I feel weight watchers may be the way to do this. I just have to keep my motivation going. Weight in tommorow. I am excited to see my progress so far!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. I love hearing about where people started, where they came from etc. It reminds you of why you are putting in all the effort to get healthy and why the work is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! It really does, doesn't it? Thank you for your feedback. I am pretty sure you are the only person that reads my blog, but it's nice to know there is someone out there interested in my story. Makes my day when I see I have a comment!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. I love blog reading!
    And I get so excited when I see comments too!

    ReplyDelete